(NEWS CENTER) - When you hear the following two words: buttermilk biscuits... it's hard not to start drooling immediately.
But add some jalapenos and cheddar cheese to those biscuits? That may be too much for one person to handle.
But that hasn't stopped David Turin from David's Restaurant from going for it. He shared his recipe with Rob in the 207 kitchen. It was wonderful. Here it is...enjoy! And if you want more information on David's Restaurant, check out his menu at http://davidsrestaurant.com/menus/
Cheddar, jalapeño, and buttermilk biscuits
Yield: 24 X 2 ¼” biscuits
3 1/2 C Flour
¼ C Sugar
¾ T Baking powder
½ t Salt
1/2 # Butter—soft but still a little firm
¾ # Shredded cheddar
1 ea Jalapeño, brunoise (finely chopped)
2 T Chives, chopped
1 ½ C Buttermilk
Method of Preparation:
1. Combine dry ingredients in a mixing bowl and mix well
2. Mix in butter, cheese, jalapeño, and chives
3 Add buttermilk
4 Cut with dough knife then blend with your hands
5. Turn out dough on floured surface, press out to ¾” thick, and cut into desired-sized biscuits
6. Place on parchment-lined baking sheet with at least 2” between biscuits
7. Bake at 450° for eight minutes, turn baking sheet, and bake for four to five minutes more until slightly browned on top and a toothpick comes out clean
Hint: for a darker, shiny top brush biscuits with egg white or milk before baking.