BUFFALO, N.Y. — You'll have to pay a little more this week at the gas pumps.
The national average for a gallon of gas is now up to $3.20, which is up two cents from last week, according to AAA Western and Central New York.
Last year at this time, the price of gas per gallon was $2.18.
New York State's average price per gallon of gas is $3.28.
Here are the averages across New York:
• Batavia - $3.26 (up one cent since last week)
• Buffalo - $3.23 (no change since last week)
• Ithaca - $3.28 (up one cent since last week)
• Rochester - $3.28 (up one cent since last week)
• Rome - $3.30 (no change since last week)
• Syracuse - $3.24 (no change since last week)
• Watertown - $3.25 (no change since last week)
AAA says the high prices are mainly due to Hurricanes Ida and Nicholas, impacting oil and refinery production, as well as domestic stocks being down.