CLEARWATER, Fla. — On Earth Day, Clearwater Marine Aquarium announced a new movie.
The marine rescue facility, which was prominently featured in the Dolphin Tale movies, will now be at the center of a documentary.
Scheduled to come out in the summer of 2021, Stranded: A Whale Rescue Tale will cover the rescue, rehabilitation and subsequent release of five pilot whales that stranded on Redington Beach in 2019.
Rescuers from the aquarium were dispatched nearly two years ago for the whales, which stranded just 14 miles south of the animal hospital.
"Every decision from then on was made to ensure the health and safety of the whales, the staff working on them, and the community who came together to support their efforts," CMA wrote in an email announcing the upcoming documentary's release.
The movie will include original footage from the rescue and events that followed.
Click here to learn more.
What other people are reading right now:
- Police: Convicted felon arrested after 12-hour SWAT standoff at Pinellas Park hotel
- How long does protection from COVID-19 vaccines last?
- Gov. DeSantis sued in federal court over Florida's new 'anti-riot' law
- Florida police officers charged with issuing dozens of bogus citations
- Here's how to watch NASA, SpaceX's Crew-2 launch
- How to celebrate Earth Day 2021 around Tampa Bay
►Breaking news and weather alerts: Get the free 10 Tampa Bay app
►Stay In the Know! Sign up now for the Brightside Blend Newsletter