But she also made an impact on one Boston Bruins fan in particular… Martin Walsh, the mayor of Boston.
Walsh wrote about a night he was watching one of the games and saw a segment on Laila’s story and it inspired him to start rooting for her.
“After watching the segment, I turned to my partner, Lorrie, and said, 'This stinks! I love the Bruins and I want them to win! ... But I really want Laila to win, too!'" he wrote.
He went on to say how happy he would be to meet Laila and show her and her family more of Boston.
“I certainly can't promise you a cooler experience than standing on the Garden ice kissing the Stanley Cup, but Boston's a great city and would love to have you back.”
MORE ON LAILA AND THE BLUES
- Laila Anderson rides in the championship parade
- Best moments | Laila kissing the Cup
- Maroon on Laila | ‘What she has to go through every single day – it’s a lot tougher than what we have to go through’
- Blues superfan Laila Anderson is going to Game 7!
- You can now pre-order a Laila Anderson bobblehead for a good cause
- Laila Anderson interviews Colton Parayko after Game 4 of the Stanley Cup Final
- ‘And to have you here was a little extra special for us,’ Laila interviews favorite Blues player Alexander Steen
- Young Blues fan battling rare disease surprised with tickets to Game 3