PALM BEACH COUNTY, Fla. — Almost 22 years after a man went missing, a search on Google Earth led to his body being discovered.
A person who used to live in Grand Isles was doing a quick Google Earth search of the place she used to live, according to the Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office.
They said while they were looking at Google Earth, they saw a car in the pond behind the home.
Deputies said the person who used to live there got in touch with the new person living there and told them what they thought they saw.
The new homeowner sent his personal drone up to check things out and found there was a car in the pond, investigators said.
The new homeowner called the sheriff’s office and they pulled the car out of the pond.
Deputies said they found a skeleton in the car once they got it out.
The Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office said William Moldt was reported missing Nov. 8, 1997.
After getting the car to the Medical Examiner’s Office, officials identified the skeleton as Moldt.
What other people are reading right now:
- Video: Restaurant uses hose to spray 10News reporter with water during health inspection questions
- Potential Tropical Cyclone 9 could be a rainmaker for parts of Florida this weekend
- Florida Man Radio debuts in Orlando
- Rare Friday the 13th full moon to appear this week
- Police: 5 people hurt, one person arrested after stabbing in Tallahassee
- 'It looked like an apocalypse': Couple survives Dorian in Bahamas
FREE 10NEWS APP:
►Stay In the Know! Sign up now for the Brightside Blend Newsletter