MAINE, USA —
- Senate approves budget bill to pass Biden's $1.9T COVID-19 relief plan
Vice President Kamala Harris was the tiebreaking vote of 51-50 on the measure after the all-night Senate session.
Is the process good or bad?
- Maine Republican Sen. Susan Collins and West Virginia Democratic. Sen Joe Manchin had two amendments passed in that process, one for rural hospitals, the other to put an income cap on stimulus payments. How critical are they to the process going forward?
How big a role is Maine Independent Sen. Angus King playing in this?
- House votes to remove Marjorie Taylor Greene from committee assignments
11 Republicans joined Democrats in removing Greene, who has been criticized for past racist comments and embracing conspiracy theories.
Will Democrats be able to make her the face of the GOP in Congress?
Are Democrats just looking to silence GOP?
- Androscoggin County Sheriff says he will not attend commissioners meetings in person over lack of masks worn
The day after commissioners in Androscoggin County met to consider a resolution against wearing masks in public, the county sheriff said he and his staff will not attend future meetings in person due to the risk of contracting COVID-19.
- Lawmakers asked to consider racial impact of new bills
More than 6 months after Black Lives Matter protests rocked the country, the Maine Legislature is being asked to take a step to help reduce racial inequality.
- Legislators to debate change to Maine State flag
Are Maine people ready to change our state flag? The Legislature is once again being asked to do just that.
Political Brew airs Sundays on The Weekend Morning Report.