PRESQUE ISLE, Maine — A young boy from northern Maine is recovering from electric shock after he made contact with a high-powered line while climbing a tree in Presque Isle.
Presque Isle Fire Chief Darrell White said the boy was electrically shocked around 6:30 p.m. Tuesday, October 9.
White said the boy was climbing a tree on Carmichael Street when he made contact with the power line. Crews responded and the boy was taken by helicopter to a Boston hospital where is continues to recover.
No word yet on the boy's condition.
White said the fire department will release more information when it becomes available.