UPDATE 7:45 p.m.

Police released new details Friday in the murder-suicide in Hebron where a former pastor killed his daughter before killing himself.

Police say 56-year-old Daniel Randall, had just been released from Liberty Bay Recovery Center in Portland this week after completing a 90-day program and was also served divorce papers.

Police said the same day as his release, Randall bought a shotgun, drove to his estranged family's home, broke in through the garage, and shot his 27-year-old daughter Claire multiple times before turning the gun on himself.

A neighbor and police both confirmed that Randall spray painted messages to his family, targeting his wife, Anita, on the walls of five rooms in the home, including "vowbreaker," and "Anita, it's all your fault," according to Carroll Daggett, a neighbor who said he found Randall dead on the porch Thursday afternoon.

“I’m ex-military, so I’ve been through a lot of stuff in the last years that I had put out of my mind, but this brought everything back," said Daggett.

Daggett said Randall's wife Anita called him and asked him to check up on Claire since Anita was unable to reach her by cellphone. Daggett said he takes the family's trash to the transfer station weekly.

“And then there were other writings on the dining room wall and hallway going to the upstairs. I didn’t go upstairs. I came back out, called 911 and had to wait for State Police to get here," said Daggett.

Anita, Claire, and Randall's teenage son had recently moved to Maine from Rhode Island where Randall was a pastor at the First Congregational Church.

Randall was a pastor in Maine, Rhode Island, New Hampshire, and Arizona, according to church documents.

According to the Providence Journal, Claire was the valedictorian of her 2008 graduating class at Mount Hope High School. According to the paper's records, she told them in a previous interview that she was a Red Sox fan, her favorite class was AP English, and she worked at a local toy store part time.

Police are still tracking down where Randall purchased the gun.

UPDATE: 6:00 a.m.: 56-year-old Pastor, Daniel Randall shot his daughter, 27-year-old Claire Randall and then turned the gun on himself, according to Maine State Police.

The two were found dead inside their Hebron home on Thursday, December 8, 2016.
At approximately, 2 p.m., a neighbor found the bodies at the home on Marshall Pond Road, according to WJAR. Claire Randall's body was found inside a bathroom, and Daniel Randall’s body was found on a porch with a shotgun nearby.
According to police, the father was just released from an alcohol treatment facility at 10 a.m., Thursday morning. He then went and bought a shotgun, drove home and killed his daughter. He was also served with divorce papers this week.

The family had moved to Maine from Rhode Island earlier this year. According to police, he was estranged from the rest of the family and didn't have keys to enter the home. Randall broke into the home through the garage door.

NBC10 (WJAR) reports that it appears Randall was a former pastor at First Congregational Church for 12 years before serving his last Mass on Jan. 25, 2015, in Bristol. He was also a Chaplain at Roger Williams University. READ HERE: DANIEL RANDALL'S RESIGNATION LETTER TO CONGREGATION.

The neighbor told NEWS CENTER that when he discovered the bodies, he saw writing on the counter that read, "vow breaker." He says additional writings were spray-painted on the walls and read: "Anita, it's all your fault."
The neighbor also says Daniel served in the military for 20 years and believes Randall had just returned from a hospital stay down south.

Investigators and evidence technicians will comb the crime scene for more information into what happened inside that home. Autopsies are scheduled later Friday morning at the State Medical Examiner's Office in Augusta.

UPDATE 9:00 p.m.: State Police have determined that the incident was likely a murder-suicide.

The body of a female was located inside a bedroom. The body of a male was located on the porch. A shotgun was recovered close to the male's body.

Both of the bodies appear, at first note, to have been shot.
Both bodies have been transported to the State Medical Examiner's Office in Augusta.

Names of those involved will be released Friday.


Two people were shot dead on Thursday afternoon on Marshall Pond Road in Hebron according to Maine State Police.

Sergeant Mark Holmquist with the Maine State Police Major Crimes Unit said a neighbor came to check up on the people who live at the home on Marshall Pond Road and notified the Oxford County Sheriff’s Office just after 2 p.m. Thursday.

Sgt. Holmquist said police found a man shot dead on the porch, and a woman shot dead about 15 feet away inside the home.

Holmquist said police are investigating it as a “suspicious shooting,” and do not have anyone in custody, but said that the public is not in danger.

Holmquist would not comment on the relationship between the man and the woman.

Police said there are other people who live at the home, but they were not home at the time of the shooting.

“Every scene that we go to is a challenge to piece together exactly what happened. We believe everyone who has knowledge of these two individuals – family, friends – they’re all accounted for tonight and we feel comfortable with that and like I said, they’re cooperating with investigators this evening,” said Holmquist.

Police say they still have a number of interviews to conduct with friends and family, as well as investigating the days leading up to the shooting.

They expect to have autopsies performed by tomorrow afternoon and they continue to notify next of kin.