BANGOR (NEWSCENTERMaine)-- One of two men wanted in connection with the shooting death of a Millinocket man last month appeared in court Tuesday.
Christopher Murray appeared at the Penobscot County Courthouse facing murder and aggravated assault charges. Police say Murray is charged in connection with the shooting death of Wayne Lapierre of Millinocket who was shot inside his home on December 19.
Murray was transported back to Maine over the weekend from North Carolina. The judge ordered Murray held without bail for now.
Deputy Attorney General Lisa Marchese says little information is being released because they are still looking for another suspect.
Marchese said, “obviously I can’t talk about the facts of the case. It’s fair to say the public will understand what happened in Millinocket at some point. But at this point, I cannot comment on the facts of the case.”
Police say the second man, Tony Locklear, is still being sought in connection with the homicide. Locklear is believed to still be in North Carolina.
Marchese says Murray should be back in court in March.