MAINE, USA —
What is 'Pride'?
The month of June is dedicated to celebrating the unique identifies and history of LGBT (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender) community. Maine towns, cities and organizations are hosting parades, events and celebrations throughout the month in all corners of the state. Nearly 5-percent of the Maine population identifies as LGBT, according to The Williams Institute.
NEWS CENTER Maine has Pride!
We are proud supporters of pride celebrations all across the state of Maine and the work of organizations like the Maine Health Equity Alliance to raise awareness of LGBT+ issues. You can catch our team and STORMY at the Pride Portland! and Bangor Pride parades!
- Belfast Has Pride Parade - Saturday, June 8
- Hallowell Pride - Saturday, June 8
- Pride Portland! Parade and Festival - Saturday, June 15
- Bangor Pride Parade - Saturday, June 22
- Downeast Pride - Saturday, June 22
- Lewiston-Auburn Pride! - Saturday, June 29
- Bar Harbor Pride - Saturday, June 29
Hosted by EqualityMaine