FARMINGTON, Maine — On Saturday morning, the Farmington Fire Department and Farmington Police Department responded to a fire at 160 Clover Mills Road in Farmington.
Officials on scene said two people were inside the home at the time, one person was able to get out. The unidentified adult female was taken to Franklin Memorial Hospital. The other person, William Vincent, 75 did not survive.
The Maine Fire Marshal's Office is still investigating. In a press release, the Fire Marshal's Office said there is no indication of foul play.
In the wake of the series of deadly fires, fire officials are pushing simple safety reminders.
"The number one thing people can do to be safe in their homes in a fire is to have working smoke detectors," Robb Couture of the South Portland Fire Department said.
Couture said people should also check carbon monoxide detectors, practice an escape plan, and make sure bedroom doors are closed at night.
Visit closeyourdoor.org or more fire safety tips.
This story will be updated when more information becomes available.