LIBERTY, Maine — The Waldo County Sheriff's Office has identified both the driver and the pedestrian involved in a hit-and-run early Thursday morning in Liberty.
Alden Andrews, 35, was struck and seriously injured around 2:30 a.m. on Route 220, in the vicinity of 978 Pinnacle Road.
According to the Waldo County Sheriff's Office, the vehicle involved in the incident didn't stop to render aid or call for medical assistance. A passing driver ended up discovering the victim lying injured in the road.
The driver has now been identified as Andrew Dinsmore, 47, of Washington. Officials said he was operating a 2000 Peterbilt tri-axle tractor hauling a tandem axle trailer in the area at the time of the crash, and that it was determined to be the vehicle that struck Andrews.
The crash remains under investigation. No charges have been announced.
OTHER STORIES PEOPLE ARE READING:
- UMaine system shifting to remote classes after spring break
- Eastern Maine Sportsmen's Show canceled in light of coronavirus pandemic
- Maine State Police still searching for wanted man
- Maine mud season gets the best of Pennsylvania truck driver after he takes wrong turn
- These Mainers are transforming a poor farming community in Ecuador