The 2016 Dempsey Challenge is happening right now!
The weekend-long event raises money and awareness for the Dempsey Center-- a leader in Quality of Life care for individuals and families impacted by cancer.
The Dempsey Challenge is all about challenging yourself, your friends, and your family to get active and stay healthy, while helping others on their road to recovery.
Here is a look at the 2016 schedule:
Friday, Sept. 30
- Dempsey Challenge kick-off celebration!
Saturday, Oct. 1
- Opening Ceremonies
- Kids' Fun Run presented by Cigna
- 10K Run/Walk presented by Positive Tracks
- 5K Run/Walk presented by Positive Tracks
- Kick off of Two-Day Bike Ride presented by L.L. Bean
- Amgen Breakaway from Cancer Survivor Walk
- Presentation of the Amanda Dempsey Award
Sunday, Oct. 2
- 10, 25, 50, 70, and 100 mile bike rides presented by Specialized
- Family bike ride
- Music Festival for the whole family. See the full lineup.
- Festival in the park. Eat, drink and dance! Free and open to the public.
The cities of Lewiston/Auburn host the Dempsey Challenge.