AUBURN, Maine — A 66-year-old Buckfield man was seriously injured while burning brush on Wednesday, the Office of the Maine State Fire Marshal says. Maine State Fire Marshals and the Maine Forest Service are investigating the incident.
Officials say Richard Freve was burning brush on 459 Turner Street in Auburn when he applied gasoline to the brush he was trying to burn.
Freve received burns to his upper body and was taken by Life Flight to Maine Medical Center.
In light of the incident, the Forest Service and Fire Marshal are reminding people that it can be incredibly dangerous to use accelerants on a fire.