x
Breaking News
More () »

Bomb threat at Fat Boy in Brunswick

Brunswick Police and Maine State Police determined there was no explosive device in or around the property.

BRUNSWICK, Maine — A popular restaurant in Brunswick closed early on Sunday due to a bomb threat. 

Just after 4:30 p.m., the Brunswick Police Department was called to Fat Boy Drive-In after someone called in a bomb threat to the business. 

By the time police arrived on the scene, everyone had already evacuated the building. Police said there were no injuries. The parking lot was closed off during the investigation.

A Maine State Police explosives detection K-9 and handler assisted Brunswick police in the investigation. They determined there were no explosive devices on the property or in the building.

The investigation is ongoing. Police ask anyone with information about the incident to contact Brunswick Police Det. John Roma or Officer Joshua Bernier.

RELATED: Six months after Jan. 6 riot, search continues for attackers

RELATED: Man allegedly told people in Old Port he had a bomb in his bag

Paid Advertisement

Before You Leave, Check This Out