AUGUSTA, Maine (NEWS CENTER) — The four suspects taken into custody by police Sunday after allegedly firing gunshots in the parking lot of a Walmart in Augusta during an altercation were identified later that night.

Police say the altercation was interrupted by two armed civilians.

Kwiesha "Reggie" McBride of Harlem, N.Y., was charged with Class C reckless conduct with a firearm and Class B aggravated trafficking in schedule W drugs (heroin). McBride's bail is set at $50,000.

Frankie Dejesus of Rochester, N.Y., was charged with Class C reckless conduct with a firearm and Class B aggravated assault. Dejesus' bail is set at $25,000.

Diana Davis of Rochester, N.Y. was charged Class B aggravated assault. Davis' bail is set at $5,000.

Samantha Tupper of Augusta was charged with probation violation and Class B furnishing schedule W drugs (heroin). Tupper is being held without bail.

All are being held at Kennebec County Jail.


Around 5:30 p.m. Sunday, police responded to reports of shots being fired in the parking lot of the Walmart on Civic Center Drive. After responding, Augusta PD along with assistance from State Police, the Kennebec County Sheriff's Office, Hallowell PD, Winthrop PD and Capitol police located four people suspected of being involved.

Police said the suspects involved were sitting in vehicles parked next to each other when an altercation arose. The occupants of one vehicle fired at the occupants of the other, which resulted in a return in gunfire.

When the shooting stopped, police said one suspect exited their vehicle to confront the occupants of the other vehicle. This is when two bystanders who had watched the altercation unfold interfered and stopped the incident, police said.

Police said the two individuals who fired their guns are among the four people that are known to be involved and taken into custody.

No one was injured during the incident and medical assistance was denied by all parties.

The investigation is ongoing.

RELATED STORY: Augusta police: Legally armed bystanders break up Walmart shooting