PORTLAND, Maine — Hey 207 viewers!
If you've been watching us through the pandemic, you know lately that many of our favorite 207 chefs have been taping cooking segments from home. And -- now it's your chance! We want to feature some of our 207 viewers cooking at home - so if you make a great soup, a winter stew, or the perfect salad - if you grill the perfect steak and want to share your grilling tips -- send us your video! We will only air the best of the best and we have some guidelines for you to follow right here.
- You can shoot this on your phone. You’ll need a second person to ‘hold the phone’ and record – AND (this is important) please hold the phone horizontally (like a TV screen).
- Practice! Your segment has to run about four minutes. If you send us something that’s much longer than that, we won’t air it.
- Speak loudly and clearly.
- (If you are inside) turn on plenty of lights so we can see what you are doing.
- Turn off fans, the dishwasher, music, the air conditioner. Any noise in the background will diminish your audio. (Same if you are outside at the grill.)
- Have some fun with it! You can talk to your camera person (“come in close for a shot of this chopped red pepper”) and remember to tell us what you are doing while you are cooking.
- Don’t do anything super-complicated – maybe a salad, soup, side dish or desserts -- be creative! What’s dish are you known for?!
- Send along the recipe when you email us your video.
You can submit your video by clicking on the "Viewer Cooking Segments" banner on the Newscenter Maine app, or click on "Near Me" (also on the app) and then click on "Share with Us" and following the instructions. We can't wait to hear from you!
We can't wait to hear from you!