MEDINA COUNTY, Ohio — A person in their late 60’s is the first confirmed case of coronavirus in Medina County.
The Medina County Health Department confirmed the news Sunday morning.
The person is currently hospitalized.
“With cases already in Northeast Ohio, it is not surprising to have a confirmed case in Medina County,” said Krista Wasowski, Health Commissioner. “Future cases are anticipated. I need to assure you that public health is using all our available resources to reduce the impact of this disease.”
This new case will soon be tallied with state’s total number of confirmed cases once updated by the Ohio Department of Health, which shares new data at 2 p.m. daily.
The health department offered the following guidelines to stop the spread of coronavirus:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
- Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol if soap and water are not available
- Stay home when you are sick
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces