CAMDEN, Maine — A man from Camden is facing multiple charges related to accusations that he held a woman against her will in a home on Park Street for over a week while assaulting her "numerous times," according to a release from Camden police.
Richard Ellis, 34, was taken to the Knox County Jail. He is facing the following criminal charges:
- Kidnapping (class A)
- Gross sexual assault (class A)
- Aggravated assault (class B)
- Criminal threatening (class D)
- Obstructing the report of crime or injury (class D)
- Violation of condition of release (class D)
According to police, the woman said Ellis took her cell phone, car keys, and glasses away.
Camden officers went to the home on Park Street at 6:55 a.m. Wednesday and met with the woman, then executed a search warrant, police said.
Police said a NorthEast Mobile Health ambulance took the woman to Pen Bay Medical Center for treatment.