MAINE, USA — The Westbrook headquartered company Olympia Sports has released a list of store closings for New England.
Back in early October, the running and active lifestyle brand retailer JackRabbit announced its purchase Olympia Sports.
Olympia Sports chose Capital Partners LLC to assist with the closings.
Olympia opened its first store in 1975 at The Maine Mall in South Portland. From there, it grew to more than 200 locations throughout the Northeast, Mid-Atlantic, and Mid-West, with stores from Ohio and Virginia to Presque Isle.
When the purchase of the company was announced, it wasn't made clear whether stores would be closing and if jobs would be lost.
Here are lists of closings for Maine and New Hampshire:
Maine locations closing
- Bangor Mall, 663 Stillwater Ave., Bangor
- Reny's Plaza, 1 Belmont Ave, Biddeford Crossing
- Hannaford Plaza, 121 Hannaford Dr. Farmington
- Freeport Square, 140 Main St., Freeport
- The Center for Shopping Plaza, 1364 Main St. Sanford
- South Paris, 243 Main St., South Paris
- Wells Retail Center, 913 Post Road
New Hampshire locations closing
- Epping Crossing, 31 Fresh River Rd., Epping
- Stop 'n Shop Plaza, 137 Portsmouth Ave.,Exeter
- Walmart Plaza, 1458 Lakeshore Rd., Gilford
- Meredith Shopping Center, 38 NH Rte 25, Meredith
- Fox Run Mall, 50 Fox Run Rd., Newington
- Plaistow Shopping Center, 34 Plaistow Rd., Plaistow
- Cheshire Marketplace, 497 Rte 202, Rindge
For a full list of all store closings CLICK HERE