GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. — Feel Good Foodie, Yumna Jawad, shows us how to make no-bake pumpkin balls that are vegan, gluten-free and paleo-friendly!
No-Bake Pumpkin Balls
1 3/4 cups gluten-free oat flour or grind oats in blender until flour-like
1/4 cup rolled oats
2 Tbsp cane sugar
1 Tbsp pumpkin pie spice
1/4 cup almond butter or other nut butter of choice
1/4 cup maple syrup
1/2 cup pumpkin puree or pumpkin pie puree
1 tsp vanilla extract
Shredded coconut cacao nibs and crushed walnuts for coating
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the oat flour, rolled oats, cane sugar and pumpkin pie spice, and mix well.
- In another medium microwave safe bowl, heat the almond butter for about 30-60 seconds until it has a more liquid form. Mix in the maple syrup, vanilla extract and canned pumpkin.
- Pour the dry mixture (oats, sugar and spices) into the wet mixture (almond butter, maple syrup, vanilla extract and canned pumpkin), and mix well until a firm texture is formed.
- If the mixture needs more moisture, add a tablespoon of canned pumpkin, and if it is too moist, you can add a tablespoon of oat flour. Because it's no-bake, you can also taste it and add more cane sugar, if you desire.
- Using your hands, form batter into small bite sized balls.
- Roll balls in optional coatings (shredded coconut, chopped walnuts and cacao nibs) and place on a baking sheet.
- You can enjoy them as is, or refrigerate for 10 minutes to firm up.
For more information, visit https://feelgoodfoodie.net/recipe/no-bake-pumpkin-spice-bliss-balls/
Find more Feel Good Foodie recipes on 13 ON YOUR SIDE:
►Make it easy to keep up to date with more stories like this. Download the 13 ON YOUR SIDE app now.