PORT ST JOHN, Fla. — Three California children are in trouble after catching an alligator by its neck and dragging it to shore while vacationing near a Florida lake.
Authorities say the children hooked a noose around the gator at Fay Lake Wilderness Park in Port St. John and dragged it to shore Thursday night.
Florida Wildlife Commission spokesperson Chad Weber says the 16-year-old was issued a citation for feeding, enticing or molesting alligators. The 6-year-old and 8-year-old were not given any citations.
Florida Today reports a trapper was called out to remove the rope and pick up the reptile for public safety.
- 1 person dead, another hurt after being hit by truck at South Florida Pride parade
- Man arrested in connection to woman's burned body found near Skyway bridge
- 'Huge' car dealer Billy Fuccillo dies in Florida at 64
- Don't do this: Illegally-parked car gets swamped
- A Frank Conversation: New podcast explores race, religion, politics and more
►Breaking news and weather alerts: Get the free 10 Tampa Bay app
►Stay In the Know! Sign up now for the Brightside Blend Newsletter