GRAND RAPIDS, Mich — Winter is here and that mean's its the perfect time to break out the chili recipes.
This month's Winner Winner Chicken Dinner recipe is a hearty, white chicken chili from Jared Houlser. He's a student at the Culinary Institute of Michigan in Muskegon.
His recipe is full of flavor and perfect for a cool, November evening at home.
White Chicken Chili
4 ea Cooked chicken breast, medium diced
2 Tbs Vegetable Oil
3 C Northern Beans
1 ea Yellow or Spanish Onion, small diced
1 ea Jalapeno, seeded and minced
1 ea Roasted Green Bell pepper Note* Roast pepper in oven at 400*F. Peel and remove seeds.
2 ea Garlic Clove, minced
½ C Frozen or Fresh Corn Kernels
4 C Chicken Stock
½ C Heavy Cream
1 tsp Cumin
1 tsp Chili Powder
1 tsp Paprika
TT White or Black Pepper
- Cook onions in a saucepan or pot with oil until translucent
- Add both peppers and garlic, saute until tender
- Add spices, combine well with vegetables
- Add chicken, corn, stock and beans
- Simmer for 1 hour on low heat
- Add cream
- Serve hot
Do you have a great Chicken recipe? Do you fancy yourself as the next Julia Child or Rachel Ray? Then you might have a shot at appearing on our show cooking up your favorite chicken recipe!
Email it to firstname.lastname@example.org and you could appear on our show, whipping up your favorite chicken! Winner winner, chicken dinner!
Check out this savory crescent chicken squares recipe by Kal Kamyszek:
Find more recipes on 13 ON YOUR SIDE:
- Thanksgiving with 13 ON YOUR SIDE Mornings
- Learn how to make your very own Holly Jolly Holiday Cookies!
- Unconventional Thanksgiving side dishes
►Make it easy to keep up to date with more stories like this. Download the 13 ON YOUR SIDE app now.