Watch "The Bold Coast" - Episode 3 of Maine by the Mile at mainebythemile.com
1. Cell service is spotty at best in many areas — crack open a book.
2. If you go to Little River Light Station — bring your own food, water and blankets.
3. Mosquitos at Little River are very bad — pack bug spray and long-sleeved shirts.
4. Campobello Island is a great side trip — if interested, you need a passport.
5. You'll be close to Canada's cell towers — turn roaming off on your phone (Apple / Android) to avoid incurring fees.
© NEWS CENTER Maine