Maine By The Mile
Moosehead Trail: 5 things to know before you go
Moosehead is Maine's largest lake. It's about 120 square miles in size.
Watch "Moosehead Trail" - Episode 5 of Maine by the Mile at mainebythemile.com
1. Don't miss the last boat of the day to or from Mt. Kineo or you're stuck — read the shuttle schedule.
2. Even in the middle of summer Maine can be chilly, like in the 40s out on Moosehead Lake — pack warm clothes.
3. Mt. Kineo is steep — bring good shoes!
4. Moosehead Pinnacle Pursuit's Kineo Shuttle is cash-only — credit cards won't do so carry paper currency.
5. Supposedly, the ghost left the Trebor Mansion after the fire — do you dare to find out?