Maine By The Mile
Estcourt Station: 5 things to know before you go
The US-Canada border runs straight through some homes and buildings.
Watch "Estcourt Station" - Episode 4 of Maine by the Mile at mainebythemile.com
1. The only way to reach Estcourt on paved roads is through Canada — bring your passport.
2. Customs stations in Estcourt, should you choose to cross, are closed on weekends — plan ahead.
3. There is a lot to do in Pohénégamook — exchange a few bucks for some Canadian loonies.
4. Many Canadians in Quebec don't speak or write in English — acquire a French phrase book or app (App Store / Google Play).
5. Canada uses the metric system — remember, speed limits are in kilometers per hour!