Maine By The Mile
Andover: 5 things to know before you go
It's home to Maine's shortest covered bridge, so no need to worry about a lack of Instagrammable moments.
Watch "Andover" - Episode 6 of Maine by the Mile at mainebythemile.com
1. Camp Winona has no running water — bring your own or you'll be washing dishes with rainwater.
2. Speaking of no running water, there's also a composting toilet in an outhouse at Camp Winona — embrace it or not.
3. There's only one place to buy gas in Andover, and the closest adequately-sized grocery store is a half-hour away in Rumford — plan accordingly.
4. Camp Winona has no electricity — there are few propane lights, but you'll need to pack portable charges.
5. Devil's Den is an excellent destination, but it isn't well advertised — don't be afraid to ask for directions if unsure.