PORTLAND, Maine (NEWS CENTER) -- On Tuesday, Uber riders in are not only getting a lift, but a care package.
Uber is offering to deliver free "flu-fighting" care packages across the country, including right here in Portland.
When riders receive a pack, they'll have the option to request a free flu shot from a registered nurse for up to 5 people.
Here's how you can do it:
- Open your Uber app between 11am and 3pm Tuesday
- Request the ‘Health’ option
- You’ll get a free care package and the option to receive the Fluzone® vaccine for up to five people
- Pick a comfy spot and a registered nurse from Passport Health will administer the shot and handle all paperwork
- We want you to know that demand will be high–so we really appreciate your patience. Thank you for taking the time to take care of yourself and the people around you.
There is a maximum of 1 care pack and 5 flu shots per request. All vaccinations will be administered by a registered nurse through Passport Health. All consent information and paperwork stays between the recipient and them
Other participating cities/states: Albany, NY; Baltimore, MD; Boston, MA; Birmingham, AL; Chicago, IL; Columbus, OH; Hartford, CT; Wilmington, DE; Houston, TX; Jacksonville, FL; Manchester, NH; Portland, ME; Providence, RI; Syracuse, NY; Washington, DC