CORINNA, MAINE (NEWS CENTER) -- Police say two parents and their four children are left homeless after a fire destroyed their home in Corinna Friday morning.

Six people lived in the two-story home, two parents and four children. One teenage boy broke his ankle when he jumped off a balcony to escape the fire. That was the only injury, police said.

According to dispatch at Penobscot Regional Communications Center, firefighters took a call around 5:30 a.m. about a fire at a home on Hilltop Drive in Corinna. Multiple fire crews arrived to find fire coming through the roof.

The fire chief says he was told by the homeowner that the fire appears to have started near the propane heater in the basement.

The home is a total loss. "The family has recently made significant interior renovations and did not have insurance." Police say they are staying with other family members in town.