*UPDATE* 12/20 8:30 a.m. – Maine State Police held a press conference Wednesday morning at the State Police offices in Bangor to share more details about the investigation in Millinocket.
Lt. Troy Gardner said that one male and one female were assaulted in a residence on Massachusetts Ave. The male was unresponsive. Both victims were taken to Millinocket Regional Hospital and were later transferred to Eastern Maine Medical Center in Bangor.
State Police say that information indicates that someone, possibly more than one person entered the residence and assaulted both victims.
State Police say at this point there is no information that would establish any specific threat to anyone else.
State Police are asking anyone with any more information pertaining to the investigation to contact them.
UPDATE MILLINOCKET, Maine: State Police are still on the scene at Massachusetts Ave. Wednesday morning. Hospital officials told NEWS CENTER the lockdown first put in place last night was lifted at 6:30 a.m. and the two shooting victims were transported to a larger hospital.
Officials would not specify which hospital.
Several neighbors told NEWS CENTER the couple that lives in the home was reportedly getting a divorce. Police would not say if they have someone in custody or identify the victims. A press conference with State Police is scheduled for 10 a.m. in Bangor.
MILLINOCKET, Maine (NEWS CENTER) -- The Millinocket Regional Hospital was put on lockdown Tuesday night.
According to Vice President of Human Resources Lisa Arsenault, the hospital was put on lockdown after receiving two victims at the emergency room who had been in an apparent shooting incident. Arsenault did not have names or conditions.
Maine Department of Public Safety spokesman Steve McCausland would only confirm that there was an incident in Millinocket, and that troopers and detectives had responded to assist the Millinocket Police Department.
Arsenault said the hospital would remain on lockdown until at least Wednesday morning.